Marketing Technology Manager – Facebook
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we’re just getting started.Marketing has grown and evolved over time. We are at a critical time in our team’s development; growing quickly and investing heavily. With this rapid expansion, we need the team to scale efficiently and focus on more strategic and operational efforts. To do this, we need to build/implement centralized tools to help manage the global marketing business. We are seeking a Marketing Technology Manager who can help assess the business needs, as well as identify and optimize use of new/existing technology solutions to address those needs. This individual would help with overall implementation and also own various system roadmaps for continual refinement.We are seeking a candidate who is passionate about systems, process improvement and change management. This role is highly versatile and uses varying skillsets of System Management, UX (User Experience) and Program Management. Lead by aligning various system roadmaps with the broader Martech vision and strategy.This is a full-time position based at our headquarters in Menlo Park.
- Act as the product owner for assigned Marketing systems within the broader Martech portfolio including building out the strategic roadmaps for the systems as well as leading the implementation and eventual management of the final solution(s)
- Work with business partners to gather and document feedback and user requirements about their assigned systems
- Build, prioritize and maintain the product backlog
- Understand system infrastructure and be able to align system capabilities with user requirements
- Work with System Vendors, Facebook engineering teams or Consultants, as needed, to design the system so that it optimally utilizes our Marketing technology stack and complies with Facebook Security protocols
- Build and scale training on best practices for assigned systems to ensure users understand (1) the purpose of each system, and (2) when and how to use them effectively
- Actively maintain data and security integrity of assigned systems including fixing system bugs, identifying security risks, configuring updates and managing the technical debt in the systems
- Communicate proactively with internal stakeholders throughout a project’s lifecycle to help ensure adopting, building and conducting system trainings as needed
- Present technical details to a non-technical audience and present strategic vision and roadmap to executive level stakeholders
- BA/BS degree
- 4+ years work experience in leading end-to-end SaaS implementation projects
- Track record as a technical program manager with organization and people experience, including setting priorities and problem-solving
- Experience implementing and/or managing systems (e.g. CRM, Social Listening, Customer Behavior, Marketing Analytics, and/or Content Management Systems) and integrating the systems with each other, or other technologies, via APIs
- Experience working with web analytics
- Analytical and problem-solving experience
- Experience in technical language for a non-technical audience
- Significant experience in marketing operations, strategic IT planning and process improvement, along with the ability to contribute at both strategic and tactical levels
- Familiarity with coding languages such as HTML, Java, CSS, etc.
- Significant experience as a project manager with excellent organization and people skills with the ability to set priorities, problem-solve, multi-task and work well in a dynamic, rapidly changing start-up environment
- Experience working with product or technical organizations
- Experience as a flexible, cross-functional leader comfortable with a fast-paced, often ambiguous, start-up environment
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at +1 650-308-7837.